#1 2018-12-21 22:22:23

spaceman1980

Snap Rotation of Entities

Hello! I know this forum is probably dead.

I added a door to a building I'm making with snap rotation turned on. I am aware that Tesseract only allows entity rotation on the XY axis. When I "spawned" the door, it was facing myself and not at a perfect 0 or 90 or 180 etc angle (so it would be flush with the wall and ceiling surrounding). Essentially, I have everything perfect about the placement of the door except for the rotation.

I can do scroll wheel + r to rotate it on its messed up axis, but it does it in increments too large to get a fit that looks right (besides, it still wouldn't be a perfect angle. I KNOW it has to be possible - the demo map that the game comes with has tons of entities at perfect angles, like doors.

But how? I would assume that there isn't any key/mouse combo that will snap the rotation automatically, but I guess there is some console command to set the rotation manually. In the properties window of the lower-left corner of the screen, there is one value which I know determines the rotation. But how do I change it? Once I have my door selected, what command can I type to manually set (any of) these values?

Thank you so very much,
Spaceman :D

#2 2018-12-23 10:39:54

RaZgRiZ

Re: Snap Rotation of Entities

Not quite certain what's giving you trouble here. As far as mapmodels are concerned, you can rotate those on a XYZ axis by their 2nd, 3rd and 4th parameter. As for the values, they range from 0 to 360 technically. So long as you change the rotational values accordingly you should be able to change the door so that it's perfectly flush against your wall.

Then again, if that's not what you're describing, perhaps a screenshot or something would help as demonstration.

EDIT: Just realized you're just not sure how to rotate in smaller increments - hold down the respective number key while the entity is selected and scroll.

Last edited by RaZgRiZ (2018-12-23 10:45:53)

Board footer