#1 2014-09-08 12:19:28

gaya

"Prefab" concept and placement

Is there the concept of "prefabs" in the editor mode? Prefabs are pre-made objects, like archs or stairs. It would be nice to have a prefab placement tool.

#2 2014-09-08 13:09:07

Unnamed

Re: "Prefab" concept and placement

yes
To save a prefab you have to select the geometry and use /saveprefab. They are saved in the /media/prefab directory. Use /pasteprefab to paste a prefab (it's scaled to the grid size).

#3 2014-09-09 20:26:18

Calinou

Yes, see these circle prefabs for an example.

#4 2014-09-10 00:34:04

gaya

Thanks for the info, very useful!

#5 2015-03-25 23:17:25

gaya

Sorry to bum this guys, but can the prefab be previewed before placement? Just like with entities?

#6 2015-03-27 12:04:13

chasester1

no thats impractical as i noted before commenting on something else its all voxels so it hast to be a cube of a 2 power size. although some one did write a gui for it that saved a screen shot but that was all cube script. simply put its not worth it.

#7 2015-03-27 12:20:08

RaZgRiZ

chasester1 wrote:

no thats impractical as i noted before commenting on something else its all voxels so it hast to be a cube of a 2 power size. although some one did write a gui for it that saved a screen shot but that was all cube script. simply put its not worth it.

You do realize there's a command to preview prefabs right? :P
Of course it seems a little dodgy since some of them WON'T show up, and placement is difficult due to how you have no clue what scale the prefab will be loaded as..

I have some ideas that i'll suggest to eihrul, here's hoping he thinks they're good enough :P

Board footer