#1 2014-09-19 22:04:27

OMZ

Tesseract plz.

So I played this game for about 4 weeks or so, made a cool map (to me anyway :) and played a little bit with other peoples maps. All was good, but tesseract needs some things before I can come back.

1. Download maps off servers.

This one for me is the most important. People make awesome maps that are really fun to play but the way to play on those maps isn't streamlined. More people I think would be active PLAYING the game if this was in the game. Especially with creators who update their maps it gets a little tricky, they have to reupload the map file, repost it on the forums, and pray people actually care enough to go and replace the files themselves. As for the players its annoying to say the least.

2. Gametype Rule sets.

I think this would be perfect to add because it makes the gameplay on the map what it was intended for. What I mean by rulesets is the ability to set Winning conditions, respawn timers, sideswitching, and timelimits. For certain maps (CTF is what mainly comes to mind) The ability to set how many captures it takes to win would help the gameplay a lot and would fit into what the creator wanted the gameplay to feel like. Respawn timers on DM maps or duel maps might be fine with instant but on maps like CTF they should be on a controllable timer. Instant respawn on CTF makes no sense. Side switching is a small thing and isn't a big deal at all, but it would be a nice feature to have the teams switch sides (if it makes since for the map). I just think the option of it being there would be a good thing. Timelimits is also very important for ALL gametypes. I dont want my ctf game to last one hour and neither does anybody else. If your not gonna add winning conditions, atleast let us set the clock.

3. WHATS GOING ON

Probably the other most important thing on this list. I could have completely missed something here but as far as i know there aren't really any updates on the process of whats going on with the game. I dont need in depth updates about the intricacies of the game but a update every once in a while would be nice. I only ask because I see the devs posting in some of the forums and answering questions but like I have no idea. Is the game dead? Are you guys still updating? Is their a reason for me to make a post detailing things i'd like to see? i have no idea.

Thats really all I got. I really like tesseract and during those four weeks I played and created I was up very late into the night building every night. I would love to come back and get into it again, but right now there's not really a point to.

#2 2014-09-19 23:12:47

SniperGoth

Re: Tesseract plz.

1:  /getmap is the command you're looking for.

2: The game is very new, so i believe it will have more gamemodes/variables in the future.

3: It is being updated every so often. You'll need to have the SVN (development/Subversion ) of it.
On svn we have more textures, 2 or 3 new maps, volumetric lights (see video below ) etc. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIeY9TSz … KCZav55g5w

#3 2014-09-19 23:23:05

Rorik

SniperGoth wrote:

1:  /getmap is the command you're looking for.

1: Has /getmap been updated to include any custom assets that may come with a map? IMO the user shouldn't really be forced into typing a command to get a map. This is my biggest gripe with the game right now as well.

#4 2014-09-19 23:55:04

OMZ

Does /Getmap work when your not in creative mode? I remember people not being able to play maps cause they had to download the file off the forums to get in.

#5 2014-09-19 23:57:01

SniperGoth

Custom assets and FOSS don't go too well in a online scenario, because of licences and such, or so from what i remember.

The getmap issue could easily be fixed by importing Red Eclipse's automatic getmap system.

#6 2014-09-20 10:34:07

Calinou

SniperGoth wrote:

Custom assets and FOSS don't go too well in a online scenario, because of licences and such, or so from what i remember.

This isn't a problem (else we wouldn't even have /getmap and /sendmap, which is basically file copying and downloading).

However, it has to be implemented, eihrul said he'd eventually add map downloading in all modes.

Last edited by Calinou (2014-09-20 10:34:35)

#7 2014-09-23 00:33:56

OMZ

Calinou wrote:

However, it has to be implemented, eihrul said he'd eventually add map downloading in all modes.

Honestly until this happens the server browser will be dead. Once this is in people will stick around. Priority number 1 in my mind.

Board footer