#1 2014-09-08 01:14:31

gaya

Github?

Why don't you guys move over to GitHub? It would be easier to track issues and receive contributions (pull requests).

#2 2014-09-08 11:04:51

Pritchard

Re: Github?

It used to be on Github, but it was moved from there to SVN for reasons I don't know

#3 2014-09-08 18:51:45

gaya

Another great feature of GitHub is the wiki. Tesseract could use some help with docs.

#4 2014-09-09 20:24:43

Calinou

Pritchard wrote:

It used to be on Github, but it was moved from there to SVN for reasons I don't know

eihrul tends to dislike external contributions like patches, he also prefers SVN to GIT (a repository like Tesseract is better off as a SVN repository, since there are a lot of binary files, which GIT doesn't handle as well in SVN in terms of repository file size).

#5 2014-09-09 23:50:20

gaya

Mercurial handles binaries better and is supported by BitBucket, which also features Tickets & PR's:

http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/LargefilesExtension

But i don't see why PR's are a bad thing. People can easily fork the repository, make their changes, and state what's new or modified in a simple way. Then, repository maintainers can decide if that's a good addition or not. If he doesn't like patches or contributions, is this a really open project?

#6 2014-09-10 15:46:45

Hypernova^

As with Sauerbraten and Cube, I think the core devs would like to write the code themselves. The project seems open as far as art/scripting goes, but not in terms of code. Someone please let me know if I'm wrong.

Board footer