#1 2014-05-14 04:52:47

Connorcpu

water_and_lava: My first Tesseract map!

water_and_lava is the first map I've made for Tesseract, but it's still a work in progress. I'm going to be posting updates to it as I go. There's still a few issues with glitches to get into the enemy spawn, but it's still tricky enough that spawn trapping isn't an issue.

I'll be uploading all of the maps I make to this spot, so check back as often as you want^^
OneDrive - Public/Tesseract Maps

Remember to put them in your media/map folder!
On windows, this is in C:\Users\{YourName}\Documents\My Games\Tesseract\media\map

8LBDC.png
8LBHI.png
8LBJy.png

Last edited by Connorcpu (2014-05-14 04:54:16)

#2 2014-05-14 06:27:04

Pritchard

Re: water_and_lava: My first Tesseract map!

Those are some huge sigthlines. For a first map it's quite good, but there are some potential gameplay issues i can see here, just from the screenshots. When i get the chance, i'll download your map and give some more detailed feedback.

#3 2014-05-14 10:06:31

Pritchard

Okay, i tried out your map. There really isn't a whole lot to say about this map, except that it's really not very good. I would recommend checking out some of the maps from the game Sauerbraten, which you can get here: http://sauerbraten.org/

It has a very similar engine to Tesseract, which is in many ways the next evolution of it. Looking at how people design and build maps for Sauerbraten should help you get better at making maps.

Don't give up on trying to create content for games, your first map is never very good. It takes a lot of practice, time and effort to produce something truly great.

#4 2014-05-14 16:31:13

Connorcpu

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take a look at some of those maps

Board footer