#1 2014-06-08 20:02:21

Lord Kv

Skyrim HD Flora

Lightshafts! Oh, and some models too.

Sooner or later, somebody will want to make a nature-themed map. And the best flora models for Sauerbraten are undoubtably the Skyrim HD Flora models, originally made by Vurt and converted for Cube 2 use by Khorne.
Now I upload this lush forest creation kit here with adjustments and error fixes to the .cfg files so they work well in Tesseract. All credit goes to Khorne and Vurt, so please include their names (instead of mine) in your map's/mod's readme.

Download includes models, grass texture, demo map "lushtest" (by me) and some terrain_soc textures for the map.

Khorne's Quadropolis node (link removed)
Vurt's Nexus mod page

(download removed)

Last edited by Lord Kv (2014-06-19 20:28:53)

#2 2014-06-08 20:53:02

eihrul
Administrator

Re: Skyrim HD Flora

They use meshes taken without permission from Skyrim. They are NOT free to distribute or use at all, so please DO NOT USE THESE. They can not be included in any map, end of story.

#3 2014-06-09 10:56:05

Pritchard

I thought Khorne had permission from the creators? There's evidence to suggest so on the Quad node.

#4 2014-06-09 10:59:46

Calinou

Pritchard wrote:

I thought Khorne had permission from the creators? There's evidence to suggest so on the Quad node.

Certainly not. Also, Bethesda employees are not gods, they probably shouldn't be called “creators”.

#5 2014-06-09 12:58:06

eihrul
Administrator

Only permission from the guy who made the mod, NOT from Bethesda/Zenimax. What I am saying is, the mod makers never got permission from them to redistribute the stuff they took/derived from Skyrim that is in their mod.

#6 2014-06-09 21:03:40

Osbios

Are you sure they use meshes from Skyrim? Many mods come with higher detail meshes made by the mod creators.

#7 2014-06-10 09:47:59

Pritchard

Yeah, i'm pretty sure the models are originals. Or at least, there isn't much to suggest otherwise. It's certainly a mod that's in the spirit of the original game's aesthetic.

While I can totally understand why one would be hesitant to include the models in the base game, I don't think it's very reasonable to ban them from the game entirely.

#8 2014-06-10 13:42:19

Julius

It's very reasonable. Legally it is the same as embedding the latest commercial pop-song as a mp3 in the map. Just because the games industry has hired less lawyers to go after such copyright infringement doesn't mean it is any less illegal.

Personally, I would strongly advise to only use creative commons (or similarly) licensed material and would welcome it very much if the Tesseract development team would enforce such a content policy strictly.

#9 2014-06-11 19:42:20

LustralSounD

These should be removed, end of story.

#10 2014-06-11 23:42:03

Osbios

Well I would have suggested maybe asking the mod creator!?
but if knee-jerk censorship seems to be the preferred way...

#11 2014-06-12 13:26:36

Julius

If it is based on original Skyrim content there is no need to ask the author as it would be clearly illegal.
I am not familiar enough with Skyrim vegetation models to judge if this "mod" was completely made from scratch, thus I assume eihrul is correct when he says these are based on models ripped from the game.

Board footer