#126 2020-06-08 05:01:31

ThaOneDon

Re: tech thread

06/2020
Anti-Aliasing
Bandlimited Pixel Filtering
Ways to correctly filter pixel art. Goal is to preserve the pixellated nature of the textures, yet have an alias-free result. Takes a signal processing approach to the problem, solving the issue in a mathematically sound way.

Last edited by ThaOneDon (2020-06-16 11:25:29)

#127 2022-03-18 15:26:56

gaya

https://github.com/jrouwe/JoltPhysics: A multi core friendly rigid body physics and collision detection library suitable for games and VR applications.

#128 2022-04-30 13:42:14

ThaOneDon

cool
I have been updating the main post and replacing links whenever i had time.
Some highlights:

04/2022
Rendering
code
Good resource for C/C++. Assembly optimization is whole another way to improve your stuff but most people probably wont touch it because of all the knowledge required to make it work efficiently.
Their Asmlib library is really interesting and you dont really need to know everything to get it working well. I've been messing around with it and even got most of its features to work in my own side project with Tesseract.

Threads, Job System
Theres hundred ways to do threading, dividing the work load for the game. Too bad most implementations are mess as one gets easily confused between cores, threads, jobs and fibers. But this library seems fine.

PhysicsFS
With this its possible we dont have to worry about most problems related to the file system.
(I/O nonsense, scattered files and compression, accessing files, security, portability, problems related to the platform)

Anti-Aliasing
QXAA
Is this the greatest AA in existance? No. But it looks pretty good ingame with Reshade. Its probably one of the better ones i have seen once its configured correctly. Makes sense to take inspiration from its blur filters, samplers and approximations etc.

Shaders/Effects
FSR
Theres more to be done with FSR to lower its cost.

Last edited by ThaOneDon (2022-05-04 13:36:29)

Board footer