#51 2021-01-29 21:59:00

Blindabuser1

Re: Map: Stormworth CTF + Texture Pack

RaZgRiZ wrote:

Aw, it's not that I want you to play sauer or start editing for it [...]

Thank you, Raz. I had been tempted to do it when it came out, but I'm very busy with another project lately, so I can't promise anything even though I'll take it into consideration.

RaZgRiZ wrote:

there's soooo many of them [...]

I noticed in the changelog, and it's one of the things that discouraged me from downloading it: I have a painfully slow connection here. I also guess it must be fun to browse through all those new maps.

RaZgRiZ wrote:

[...] mine included (now officially the heaviest map to run, and also the largest ogz size).

I had a peek of it some months ago at Quadropolis: remarkable work is all I can say. I also couldn't help but notice you borrowed the torches from FC6 (as you previously said you'd do ;) and the shape of those flags is, ahem... familiar! XD

Last edited by Blindabuser1 (2021-01-29 21:59:31)

#52 2021-01-29 23:51:22

RaZgRiZ

Blindabuser1 wrote:

I had a peek of it some months ago at Quadropolis: remarkable work is all I can say. I also couldn't help but notice you borrowed the torches from FC6 (as you previously said you'd do ;) and the shape of those flags is, ahem... familiar! XD

Aww, you saw the progress of it already? Bummer :p
Well, the pictures on that node now are all up to date with the latest version, but without sound it doesn't really do it justice without being able to listen to it as well.

Well, rather than download the whole game, you can grab the isolated version for Collect here, it includes the HD assets, like the 4K grass for maximum fidelity: https://www.mediafire.com/file/le61j4rk … T.zip/file

That said, I did NOT steal the torch, I grabbed the one I'm using from sketchfab. I honestly could not remember where I recalled a metal torch from at all so I never ended up using yours lol.

As for the flags, those went through quite a few iterations actually. The twinforts version was first but it was way too simple. Then I tried to spruce up the pattern a bit but it wasn't working well, I thought to do a cube logo on the front but it was really screwing with the lighting and we didn't have it as a texture to blend it on the flag texture, so I eventually settled on this sword, stripes and stars design that people with texreduce can't get rid of mwhahaha

#53 2021-01-30 04:40:51

Blindabuser1

RaZgRiZ wrote:

Well, rather than download the whole game, you can grab the isolated version

Hey, that's nice from you: I'll make sure to download it and test it. Thank you very much! :)

RaZgRiZ wrote:

That said, I did NOT steal the torch, I grabbed the one I'm using from sketchfab.

DANG! You're actually right, besides the fact I was just teasing you and I said "borrowed", not "stole". :P

RaZgRiZ wrote:

so I eventually settled on this sword, stripes and stars design

I like your sword design more than the one I made for Stormworth, though they serve different purposes. Do you think my ancient PC could bear the map size and all the fancy stuff of Trifort without melting?

#54 2021-01-30 06:49:13

RaZgRiZ

Blindabuser1 wrote:

I like your sword design more than the one I made for Stormworth, though they serve different purposes. Do you think my ancient PC could bear the map size and all the fancy stuff of Trifort without melting?

If tess isn't a slideshow for you then you should be relatively fine. If it's real bad, you can disable the glare and grass variables, you'd basically double your frames with both off. Just make sure you have your soundvol up, there's quite a few sounds around :D

#55 2021-01-30 18:50:35

Blindabuser1

RaZgRiZ wrote:

If tess isn't a slideshow for you then you should be relatively fine.

So it's not that bad after all (I'm on a Nvidia GTS 250): I still reach 60 stable frames (with vsync 1 + maxpfs = 60) even on the biggest maps. Sometimes I have to disable 2x anisotropic filter to prevent stuttering when playing with 7 bots on such maps, but I can still leave temporal AA on. I'll give it a try! :)

RaZgRiZ wrote:

make sure you have your soundvol up

Always! I only disable music since I prefer to listen to the ingame sounds, so don't worry.

#56 2021-01-30 19:39:19

RaZgRiZ

Blindabuser1 wrote:

So it's not that bad after all (I'm on a Nvidia GTS 250): I still reach 60 stable frames (with vsync 1 + maxpfs = 60) even on the biggest maps. Sometimes I have to disable 2x anisotropic filter to prevent stuttering when playing with 7 bots on such maps, but I can still leave temporal AA on. I'll give it a try! :)

I do find it odd that anisotropic is actually lagging you considering it's literally one of the lightest graphics feature on any game ever.

But yeah, don't compare triforts to any current map in sauer right now in terms of how demanding it is. With ~1500 mapmodels and a mostly open-plan layout that pvs can hardly optimize at all, you may not get 40 frames even with the two vars I suggested disabled :P

Last edited by RaZgRiZ (2021-01-31 05:20:15)

#57 2021-01-31 06:10:28

Blindabuser1

RaZgRiZ wrote:

But yeah, don't compare triforts to any current map in sauer right now in terms of how demanding it is. With ~1500 mapmodels and a mostly open-plan layout that pvs can hardly optimize at all, you may not get 40 frames even with the two vars I suggested disabled :P

Thank you for the tips, Raz! As previously said, I'm busy with an unrelated project ATM, but I'll give it a try as soon as possible. :)

#58 2021-02-08 19:02:03

RaZgRiZ

poke

#59 2021-02-09 20:14:19

Blindabuser1

RaZgRiZ wrote:

poke

Sorry RaZ, I haven't forgotten. My life is getting so damn busy lately, that I have very little time: yesterday I couldn't have dinner until midnight, imagine that. o.O'

#60 2021-02-10 06:29:50

RaZgRiZ

What a weird world, my lunch can be any time from 11 am to 6 pm, and dinner at 8 pm to 3 am, idgaf :D

#61 2021-02-10 16:22:23

Blindabuser1

RaZgRiZ wrote:

my lunch can be any time from 11 am to 6 pm, and dinner at 8 pm to 3 am, idgaf :D

Well, that also happens to me lately (a little too often) but it shouldn't be considered normal. : P

Board footer