#1 2014-05-25 18:57:11

Lol

Maps from Sauerbraten

So I was playing in an online map like 5 mins ago, and they realized it was possible to play on old cube 2 and sauerbraten maps.  How do I put these into my game to play on them? I have .ogz and .wpt files that are from the old game that I put into tesseract/contents/gamedata/media/map, but they don't show up. 
Running OSX by the way.

#2 2014-05-25 19:19:24

Teh_Bucket

Re: Maps from Sauerbraten

Try tesseract/media/map (also helps to put them in your userfolder tesseract folder, so you don't accidentily overwrite already ported maps.)

#3 2014-05-25 19:27:41

Lol

It is in that folder, and when i go to map browser it doesn't show...I tried just double clicking the map too and it said "could not read 'xxxx.ogz'"
is there a specific command I could use in game to load it?

#4 2014-05-25 20:49:03

RaZgRiZ

You need to load that map in the development version of sauerbraten, save it there, and then load it in tesseract. Keep in mind that most entities will be gone and textures/models won't be ported.

#5 2014-05-25 22:01:55

Lol

I got it to work...thanks!  is there anyway to fix the missing textures?

#6 2014-05-26 00:14:46

Teh_Bucket

I have not tried this myself with missing texture slots from sauer maps, but it is possible to replace all of a certain texture with another texture map-wide, with the /replace command, select a face of one texture slot hit f2 and select a tesseract texture, then type /replace, should work.

Board footer