#1 2014-05-24 20:41:50

Calinou

Notrose

A map in a snowy setting.

Bot waypoints included.

Download
License: CC0 1.0

Using: extract the .zip file, then put the media directory it in your Tesseract. Load the map with /edit notrose.

notrose.jpg

Last edited by Calinou (2014-10-14 17:53:18)

#2 2014-05-25 05:31:42

Pritchard

Re: Notrose

Having just finished playing with some bots on your map, i'm afraid to say that i'm struggling to find anything particularly positive to say about it. The layout is unintuitive and haphazard, with awkward holes in the floor, uneven staircases and strangely placed pit of death. Texturing is bland, with the map using roughly 3 different textures in total.
Playing with bots, i found it incredibly easy to simply camp and shoot the bot as soon as it spawned at one of the few playerspawns in the map.

The addition of "snow" to some of the surfaces in the map is appreciated, and it does help to increase the variety of the texturing. But unfortunately, I'm struggling to find anything that's worth praising about this map overall. All I can recommend is looking at maps that other people have made and trying to incorporate what worked well about their maps into your own future endeavors. It takes a lot of time, effort and planning to make a good map for Tesseract.

#3 2014-05-25 17:48:16

Calinou

Re: Notrose

Update: the upper area is now playable, add more details, improved textures, added more playerstarts.

Last edited by Calinou (2014-05-25 17:48:33)

Board footer