#1 2018-09-25 02:30:20

Commando950

[Solved] Unable to correctly compile 2014 Tesseract Release.

I'd like to state this first, I have no idea if this is the correct place for a post like this but I figure its the best place I can see. Sorry in advance if this is the incorrect place!

Anyway I attempted to compile Tesseract with TDM-GCC. I was able to get it to successfully compile but unfortunately every time I attempted to run it with or without the batch file it would crash as soon as it was ran.

Its important to know I lack experience with C++ and am doing this out of pure curiosity and interest, therefore, its best to assume I lack knowledge of the correct compiler flags or procedures for compiling. Regardless I will give you the details I can think of that could be useful!

Information
Game Version: First Edition (May 11, 2014), using the source code included in the src folder.
IDE: CodeBlocks
Compiler: TDM-GCC 64 Bit
Targets: Both Win 32 and Win 64 fail to run after being compiled.
Compiler Flags I Set: -static-libgcc and -static-libstdc++

Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s)

The regular precompiled game binary works perfectly fine, so it should not be an existing game bug or anything like that. I'd like to avoid using visual studio for this but I am opening for being linked to another compiler or such if it helps any. I also might be wrong on my assumption that the release source code would be the best choice to go with so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Let me know if you require additional details and I'll provide them to the best of my ability.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Commando950 (2018-09-25 14:46:15)

#2 2018-09-25 12:36:21

Suiseiseki

Re: [Solved] Unable to correctly compile 2014 Tesseract Release.

First of all, First Release, version from 2014 is old, I'd suggest to use nightlies instead, since even on GNU/Linux, I wasn't able to compile that old release. Compiling nightlies gives no errors on the other hand, just GCC warnings. So, I'd try compiling nightlies first, and if it works, I'd stick to them.
Also, not so for this topic, but oh well, compiling is more suited for GNU/Linux than Windows, you can look up difference between proprietary & free software, which applies for OSs too...

Have fun ;)

#3 2018-09-25 14:44:07

Commando950

It worked as soon as I compiled.

Thanks!

#4 2018-09-25 15:51:13

Suiseiseki

You're welcome, write again if you need help ;)

Board footer