#1 2017-02-28 17:52:40

gaya

Ragdoll setup

I completely give up on trying to setup a ragdoll for a new model. Everything works fine on my mod: new animations, new rig, new model... the animation plays well on all required states, etc. However, when a player dies, the model just vanishes. I can't seem to be able to configure the ragdoll at all, even using the official tool.

How did you guys do the original model? Are there any special undocumented tricks?

#2 2017-03-01 23:02:57

chasester

Re: Ragdoll setup

you have a ragdol.cfg or a place where you define the ragdoll?
are you sure that it is disapearing and not being launched into infinity?
have you tired turning off ragdolls? what happens?

chasester

#3 2017-03-02 20:12:10

gaya

Yes, i've followed this: http://cubeengine.com/wiki/Creating_Ragdolls

When player get in dead state, the model just disappears.

#4 2017-03-04 00:47:51

chasester

did you try running at gamespeed 10; also try looking at ragdoll variables. you could turn up the friction to make sure its not flinging really far, or try turning them off with ragdoll 0, and see what happens. IDK too much but i think if you dont have a "DEATH" animation it can cause errors.

#5 2017-03-13 23:17:22

gaya

And what should the death animation be? Just a standard T-Pose?

#6 2017-03-17 06:23:58

chasester

its like a fall down animation

I would video, turning off ragdolls, dying in super slow motion (like gamespeed 10). Then I probably could help you more.

If you have a modified version, I would go into the sources and echo out the position of the ragdolls, this should help with debugging them to make sure they aren't violently combusting or something strange

#7 2017-12-15 16:12:06

gaya

Setting up ragdolls is a total nightmare. I eventually removed them from my mod to make setting up new player models more easily. :(

Board footer