#1 2017-02-13 16:57:31

Bigfootzz

HUD Question

I am working on a Proof of Concept for a game I am working. I want to edit the HUD to add some elements to the game screen but I am not 100% sure where to do it.

Can anyone point me to the right place?

Side note, I'd like them to display in any game mode.

Thanks

#2 2017-02-14 03:29:57

RaZgRiZ

Re: HUD Question

Depends, how do you intent to do it? Are we talking hardcoded UI right in the source or.. ?

#3 2017-02-14 16:04:42

Bigfootzz

RaZgRiZ wrote:

Depends, how do you intent to do it? Are we talking hardcoded UI right in the source or.. ?

I'd like to hardcode it if possible, there are a few ui changes I need done to make it look visually like what I have in my mind. Its hard because my coding is crap and the coder friends that I worked on a previous project with are really busy to lend a hand.

I am also looking to implement the radar to be present in all game modes if that is possible as well.

Thanks
Ed

#4 2017-02-14 16:44:30

rransom.8774

Look at the gl_drawhud and gameplayhud functions.  For the radar (‘minimap’), just change needminimap.

#5 2017-02-14 18:58:53

Bigfootzz

rransom.8774 wrote:

Look at the gl_drawhud and gameplayhud functions.  For the radar (‘minimap’), just change needminimap.

Thank you! I will look into this tonight.

#6 2017-02-15 00:48:34

chasester

keep in mind proportion, not all screen resolutions are proportionally the same. So you need to put your h/w in your out put especially on thing in the lower and leftmost quadrants.

chasester

Board footer