#1 2016-02-29 03:40:37

Hypernova^

NPB error: cannot find shader definitions

GLSL ERROR (FS:null)
Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 6:1: error(#112) Too few args in Macro: fragdata
ERROR: 6:1: error(#323) layout should apply to uniform, in or out
ERROR: error(#273) 2 compilation errors.  No code generated

Anyone else having this problem? If not, I'll post my specs.

#2 2016-03-01 03:56:17

eihrul
Administrator

Re: NPB error: cannot find shader definitions

You've not really provided me any information on what build/src version of Tesseract you're using or how you're causing the error, so there's nothing I can do for you until you do.

Please provide all the information that I explicitly ask for in bug reports in the subforum description.

#3 2016-03-01 19:54:31

chasester

You should really post your specs every time you post a bug, its a lil annoying to have to ask, cuz no one is gonna be able to solve your problem if we dont know what you are looking for.

My guess is you played with the shader *.cfg files, probably be best to redownload from the website or if using the svn redownload any changed files in data/shaders.

My only other guess would be that you are using an outdated graphics drivers (normally these just show up as random glitches on your screen) or your graphics card is too old (say its using an unsupported version of glsl.

chasester

#4 2016-03-02 00:48:57

Hypernova^

Sorrie I will post my specs:

Processor: AMD A8-550 APU
Renderer: Radeon HD 7560
GLSL: 4.3
Version: Tesseract Nightly Package Build (latest)
Reproduce: For me, just running the included native client. I have not tested other systems/arch yet.

I poked around and figured out that I replacing the config/glsl directory with one from an older version (I don't know which) allows the game to start, however the shaders are wrecked and decals don't appear on models.

Last edited by Hypernova^ (2016-03-02 01:13:12)

#5 2016-03-03 02:37:14

eihrul
Administrator

Send me the full  console (the linux console, I mean) log, redirected to a file, from when you try to run the game and it causes the error. I need to see all of the output.

The nightly builds are Windows only, you realize? I don't think the Linux binaries inside vampi's nightly builds were ever updated since forever. On Linux you have to build from source using the subversion repository.

#6 2016-03-03 19:48:13

Hypernova^

eihrul wrote:

The nightly builds are Windows only, you realize? I don't think the Linux binaries inside vampi's nightly builds were ever updated since forever.

OH I am idiot

Last edited by Hypernova^ (2016-03-03 19:48:52)

Board footer