#1 2016-01-20 10:33:26

gaya

Default texture scale

When creating a .tex file, is there a way of setting a default scale for the texture, so i don't have to tweak a lot ingame?

#2 2016-01-20 16:34:55

chasester

Re: Default texture scale

Yes
http://sauerbraten.org/docs/editref.html#texcolor

define this after you declare the texture slot. *.tex files are just there to make things easier to declare, they are actually unnecessary, technically (this doesn't mean you shouldn't use them, cuz many times they declare sub textures [like normal maps, specmaps etc] with very particular settings).

exec textures/texture.tex;
texcolor R G B;

Note: almost every thing that starts with tex can be defined after the slot is defined. These also can be used as v commands (what was discussed in the the other post). From my understanding there is no difference between defining a vslot or using the config to define it, this is solely for convenience. (Tho v slots are defined inside the map file itself, whereas doing it the other way it will not be attached in the ogz file (like any other texture).

Personally i use Vslots because they are easier to use in almost every case, if you define one it will be added to your texture list at the top (y + scroll) so you can keep using it that way (but will not show up in the texture menu list [F2]). So i guess it just comes down to personal preference. The only reason i wouldn't use vcommands would be if i don't actually use the texture the self but only use one version. But honestly doesn't matter tbh.

chasester

#3 2016-01-25 11:48:54

gaya

Is most of the Cube2 editing reference applicable to Tesseract?

#4 2016-01-25 13:39:16

Lord Kv

Yes.

#5 2016-01-25 20:34:00

chasester

All of it, literally, save the sun commands they changed a lil and a few more were added, but most of them are intuitive changes. Just renames, or slight variations of the same command. Just use auto complete to see the commands (tab), like type sky then tab through all the commands. Or you could go to the command.cpp file and find the idents (this is the vector of all the commands) then just write a simple print command for all of them. I think I out ported one once, it did a lot of shit. But ya. There needs to be ingame defines of each command, something I plan on adding in Rival, (hence why i played around with it).

But nearly 100% of the cube commands are tesseract commands. If they didn't come over they probably still work in some fashion, or there is a comparable replacement with almost the same name.

chasester

Board footer