#1 2015-05-24 15:58:57

lonnie

Tesseract in Virtualbox

Greetings all,

I have been following the developments of the Cube, Sauerbraten (Cube 2), and now Tesseract engines for a long time now really like the successes that I have seen.

I am working on a small project on Windowss and need to run Tesseract in Virtualbox 4.3.26 but have come across an error message from Tesseract saying that it needs "half-byte and floating-point" but I am not sure how to correct this so I wanted to ask the forum if anyone has had success getting Tesseract to run under virtualbox.

I was able to run the Irrlicht 1.8.1 with reasonable success after enabling the 3D support in the Virtualbox vm with windows guest additions installed, but did not have any success with running Tesseract in this way.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Lonnie

#2 2015-05-25 13:26:03

RaZgRiZ

Re: Tesseract in Virtualbox

My guess would be that the openGL support for VirtualBox is not extensive enough for tesseract to run. If that is the case you simply cannot run the game in an emulated environment.

It may be so that the Guest Additions do not include the following openGL contexts:
GL_NV_half_float
GL_ARB_half_float_vertex
And given OpenGL support in VirtualBox is experimental to begin with, you may be out of luck.

Board footer