#1 2015-04-01 01:28:01

Spawn

Tesseract SVN

Hey, this may sound like a noob question, but I can't download the SVN version. Whenever I go on the website and click 'Public SVN' nothing happens. Am I supposed to use the other links or something because those ones confuse me too.

#2 2015-04-01 05:57:32

gear

Re: Tesseract SVN

You need to use a program to download the files from the url, I use tortois svn.

#3 2015-04-01 17:17:57

RaZgRiZ

If you prefer a more sophisticated and user friendly SVN client with a great GUI, try SmartSVN. It's fairly simple to set up, and you can still use it after the trial period. You won't be using any features you can't live without anyway.

#4 2015-04-02 01:01:11

Spawn

RaZgRiZ wrote:

If you prefer a more sophisticated and user friendly SVN client with a great GUI, try SmartSVN. It's fairly simple to set up, and you can still use it after the trial period. You won't be using any features you can't live without anyway.

I got SmartSVN, but I'm confused as how to use it to get the Public SVN, can you help me (sorry if I'm being a noob/nuisance)?

#5 2015-04-02 10:32:12

chasester1

idk about smart svn but in torise svn

go to the file location you want to download (c:/tess/)
right click amd select create new repository
in the dialog type in the path to the public svn (should look like a web site but with svn:// at the begining)
finishnthrough the dialogs and it should begin downloading

once done then you should have the current build
at any time right click and select update to get the latest versiom

you will not have the binaries (the exe or dmg or what ever linx uses, basicallu the program)

so to build it you will need a compiler using xcode(mac only) or vpp (windows only) is easiest cuz they are included in tje scr folder. Just open the appropriate file folder and click on the .build or .sln file

your built version will show up in the bin directory. look at the bat file (windows and linx) and make sure that it points to where your app is. Then just click on the bat tile and run

on mac it will just simply show up in the file directory just outside of the one you sarted in as a app container just click and it will run

chasester

Board footer