#1 2015-03-07 15:51:04

angjminer

Bailing :(

I know this isnt going to hurt at all, and guys this engine is awesome,
but in the grand scheme of things, i have to pursue another recently available route.

i am going to post tutorials for what i did so far:

reimplementing sauerbraten movables,
and
bullet integration(by no means complete, but it will get you started).

the reason for the tuts is because someone else may find themselves looking for that info, and usually when someone bails on a project, they just disappear into thin air. i dont want to do that.

so in the next couple of days ill get that up.

if you are interested in the sauerbraten code, you can find it here:
https://github.com/angjminer/3

clone it and search for //angelo

thanks guys

oh yea the shader code for pom with silhouettes on mappmodels is in the github code as well.

Last edited by angjminer (2015-03-07 15:54:11)

#2 2015-03-07 19:41:26

spikeymikey0196

Re: Bailing :(

Oh no! :c You've done so much.. i was literally hooked to your project, checking to see if there were updates everyday.. thank you for the work you've done so far :3 i hope people will put it to use :)

#3 2015-03-07 20:32:57

chasester1

does this include your bullet->tesseract port?

#4 2015-03-07 21:11:37

angjminer

chasester1 wrote:

does this include your bullet->tesseract port?

thats not on github, ill be posting a short tut on that soon, before Tuesday night.
it still has a long way to go, it just has level collision, and adding a "newent bulletent" that works like the movable as far as choosing models.........
that still has a way to go, and its ugly, but it is a simpler approach than what was done previously.

#5 2015-03-13 10:44:35

chasester1

Thank you sir, I look into including bullet my self, and got fairly lost, this will make it much easier. Ill be working with this code for sure :)

#6 2015-03-13 15:16:08

angjminer

https://github.com/angjminer/bullet-tesseract

this is by no means complete, still needs bullet physics applied to the weapons etc, but it is a good jump.

BE WARNED it is ugly.

search for //angelo
new and delete are commented out of tools.* because they get included with <new> in bullet,

look at the Makefile to see whats linked.
bullet needs to be built but is in /extralibs.

it is set up to rotate around the mesh's origin, so youll need a mesh whose origin is at the center of mass for it to look correct, the collision box creation needs some tweaking, may need to switch x and z around if its off in debug draw.

adding the bullet ent works like usual
"newent bulletent"
gets reset like the other ents.
was following along with how everything else was done as closely as possible.

hope someone finds this usefull.

angelo

Board footer