#1 2015-02-23 19:21:21

angjminer

rigid bodies using existing mpr code

on a hunch i googled for xenocollide, and found the original source,(zlib licence).

thankfully the physics in sauer/tess are so close they still have some of the original comments.

so i have started with svn code, brought over the minimum code from sauer to get movables working.
no elevators/ platforms.(i will put those in their own struct later), i want it as clean as possible.

I am seeing some omissions in the code used from xenocollide that appear to be needed for more realistic interaction.
I may be mistaken but the physics in sauer/tess looks like it was geared solely around player movement.

anyway,
as long as its not to annoying to you guys,
ill post progress as i get things done,
and post my changes here when its finished.

#2 2015-02-23 20:57:48

spikeymikey0196

Re: rigid bodies using existing mpr code

I for one wont find this annoying :3 this is just giving me an incentive to check this more regularly xD

#3 2015-02-24 06:59:56

Sturmamphen

Since you have started this project I have frequented the forums more than usual.  I even made a forum account.  :D

#4 2015-02-24 15:41:49

angjminer

you guys ripped out the bbox drawing code. :?, I knew i wasnt going nutty, I have to put that back :P . and make it render the collision box :)

#5 2015-02-24 17:23:54

angjminer

well first things first, if i cant see whats going on i cant fix it, so i am putting the bbox/collision box debug draw code back in, atm it only shows in the map model chooser, will have that fixed by tonight(hopefully :) )
short vid : http://youtu.be/D_k4UoyIBis

I believe i am just making my call in the wrong spot :).

ps.
this is giving me insight on creating a better debug drawer for bullet as well.

Last edited by angjminer (2015-02-24 17:24:39)

#6 2015-02-24 18:12:32

spikeymikey0196

By any chance can you do it so that it has mesh collision and not bound box collisions? because thats annoying as hell.. i want a tree that i can walk up to and be effected by its mesh, not by an invisible force field xD

#7 2015-02-24 18:34:18

angjminer

spikeymikey0196 wrote:

By any chance can you do it so that it has mesh collision and not bound box collisions? because thats annoying as hell.. i want a tree that i can walk up to and be effected by its mesh, not by an invisible force field xD

for static meshes you already can
just add
mdltricollide 1

to your  *.cfg file at the bottom (the model cfg file)

you know thinking about trees some one "could" make a vert shader to move the branches,
probably figure it out by looking at the water shader code.

(have to remember that)

and oh yea,
will need to get tricollide to work for dynents any way, plats, elevators.

Last edited by angjminer (2015-02-24 18:36:33)

#8 2015-02-24 23:13:50

spikeymikey0196

angjminer wrote:

for static meshes you already can
just add
mdltricollide 1

to your  *.cfg file at the bottom (the model cfg file)

you know thinking about trees some one "could" make a vert shader to move the branches,
probably figure it out by looking at the water shader code.

(have to remember that)

and oh yea,
will need to get tricollide to work for dynents any way, plats, elevators.

Oh, so thats what that does :3 i'll be sure to do that xD and i would, but i dont have the coding know how :3

#9 2015-02-25 11:04:34

chasester1

ya water and tree movement would be 2 different things. Either you use a per defind animation (which some one has done on quad for cube, or you attatch it to a physics engine using more or less ragdolls. Obviously the latter is more expensive, so the former is normally preferred/

#10 2015-02-25 13:55:49

angjminer

chasester1 wrote:

ya water and tree movement would be 2 different things. Either you use a per defind animation (which some one has done on quad for cube, or you attatch it to a physics engine using more or less ragdolls. Obviously the latter is more expensive, so the former is normally preferred/

vertex movement in a vert shader is not restricted to up and down movement alone, i was thinking more along the lines of the leaves, and giving them a slight rustle, like a gentle breeze,

#11 2015-02-25 14:45:15

spikeymikey0196

angjminer wrote:
chasester1 wrote:

vertex movement in a vert shader is not restricted to up and down movement alone, i was thinking more along the lines of the leaves, and giving them a slight rustle, like a gentle breeze,

I'm assuming you mean something quite similar to what Sonic Ethers Unbelievable Shaders mod does for minecraft leaves? where they sort of sway lightly to the left and right aswell as up and down :3

#12 2015-02-26 18:27:21

angjminer

ok now i am getting somewhere, still need to draw the collision mesh but at least i can see something. :)
http://youtu.be/qn2RS8kNFiM

Board footer