#1 2015-02-16 04:04:32

MeeeM

Keeping Up To Date

So recently i heard that there is a SVN / Nightly update version that i never knew about. i know it has to use some sort of software, but m the kind of person who is always scared i'm going to nuke my computer within two seconds. can anybody walk me through getting the SVN/ whatnot to work? i have a map i am working on, and i want to update it.

#2 2015-02-16 12:03:45

RaZgRiZ

Re: Keeping Up To Date

Since you're that kind of person, get SmartSVN (just put some fake info on their website, they don't really care so long as you can access the email because they'll send the download link there, yes, i know it sucks).

Next you'll want to set up your local copy of Tesseract, so make a folder with whatever name you like wherever you like. Mine's on the desktop for easy access.

Next, you'll want to open up SmartSVN and select "Check out project from repository".
From tesseract.gg, you'll see a link called "Public SVN". Copy it and put it in the field SmartSVN asks for.
Next and Next, confirm checking out the whole repository.
Now point SmartSVN to the folder you made earlier, and again Next.
Confirm your settings and finish. Now your client will download Tesseract's SVN and you'll be up to date with the latest changes. Just make sure to check back every now and again to update.

Also you might want to grab daily builds of the executable from the same side panel you got your SVN link from. Otherwise there will be no executable to execute :p

#3 2015-02-16 12:29:24

Pritchard

If you're on windows, you can download a zip file with the latest nightly build from http://mappinghell.net/tesseract/. That's what I do, I can't really help much otherwise.

#4 2015-02-16 12:48:38

RaZgRiZ

Pritchard wrote:

If you're on windows, you can download a zip file with the latest nightly build from http://mappinghell.net/tesseract/. That's what I do, I can't really help much otherwise.

Better to just use the client. The ZIP is a single revision and if you need to update again good luck downloading everything again.

#5 2015-02-16 16:44:13

MeeeM

Im at the SmartSVN website, i am guessing i have to use the free trial?

Board footer