#1 2014-12-26 16:21:10

Eschon

How do I change the game mode

I already tabbed throug various console commands and found the /mode command.
I tried /mode rDM or /mode 0 and so on but nothing happens. Is there another command to change the game mode or are there ways to set the game mode through the server.bat or server-init.cfg files?

#2 2014-12-26 19:12:12

RaZgRiZ

Re: How do I change the game mode

Eschon wrote:

I already tabbed throug various console commands and found the /mode command.
I tried /mode rDM or /mode 0 and so on but nothing happens. Is there another command to change the game mode or are there ways to set the game mode through the server.bat or server-init.cfg files?

You're supposed to change the map when you change the mode :P

#3 2015-01-15 09:29:12

gear

Back in sauerbraten it was just /gamemode map ... Example would be /insta complex or /coop i_love_gear ... Im currently unaware of the tesseract game mode names as ive only messed around mapping

#4 2015-01-15 09:31:42

gear

Unfortuneally i dont think there is a gui for this (to change the mode instantly).. A gui would be great for noobs cause its annoying learning all the commands but you will be better if you do learn them :)

#5 2015-01-15 09:32:53

RaZgRiZ

I don't suppose you even bothered to look in the Load Map menu..

#6 2015-01-15 09:36:07

gear

RaZgRiZ wrote:

cant change mode directly can you raz? You can when you first load the game or disconect but not when your playing in game as master ;) i think this is what he means.

#7 2015-01-15 13:41:37

RaZgRiZ

gear wrote:
RaZgRiZ wrote:

cant change mode directly can you raz? You can when you first load the game or disconect but not when your playing in game as master ;) i think this is what he means.

Changing the mode mid-game is retarded. You have to force a map change, even to the same map, in order to change the mode.

Board footer