#1 2014-12-30 04:50:15

Derpgoose

Elevators and other moving objects.

Hi again guys. My level is made up of various skyscrapers. I've been using the jump pads to get around, however i'd prefer having elevators, escalators, platform "drones" and sky taxi's to move between buildings. What will be the best course of action be to achieve this? I currently have 3D models made for the elevators and sky taxi's.

#2 2014-12-30 10:47:03

RaZgRiZ

Re: Elevators and other moving objects.

There's no way.

#3 2014-12-30 15:47:17

ThaOneDon

Complex stuff like moving meshes etc requires a powerful physics library to be integrated into Tesseract. What we currently have is only meant for our kind of MP gameplay.

I recommend: http://newtondynamics.com

and always if you got the skills you can expand whats in Tesseract without adapting another library... it requires doing things from scratch thou sometimes.

Last edited by ThaOneDon (2014-12-30 17:54:08)

#4 2014-12-30 20:27:48

RaZgRiZ

Until and if Tesseract implements physics and stuff, you may want to head over to OctaForge, it should be capable of things like that i think

#5 2014-12-30 21:05:16

Derpgoose

I have the source code for Octaforge. I'm no coder, so might be difficult for me to add it. Would be cool if Tesseract gets the Bullet physics library with an add-on for Blender to export particle effects and other simulations to Tesseract. Thank you for the advice guys.

Board footer