#1 2014-12-08 07:33:03

Pritchard

Metric (WIP) by Pritchard

I'm making this post here to show my work in progress map that's taken far too long to complete and still isn't finished. I'm hoping this will help to improve my motivation and stuff, or something like that.

Flythrough video
Some pictures I took back in October

The video is pretty rough, I didn't try very hard and the encoding is pretty lossy. The pictures are old and don't show the current version of the map very well, but they're much better quality than the video.

I might upload some more media soon, and of course I hope to release the map sometime in the near future if possible.

UPDATE

I'm releasing a beta of the map, it's not in a finished state but i'm looking for feedback now before I finish everything up.
Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Beta 1

Beware, this map is not intended for small playercounts. If you're playing by yourself, be sure to add plenty of bots. If you're playing with others, you might still want to add some bots to flesh it out a bit unless you've managed to find enough people somehow.

Last edited by Pritchard (2014-12-10 04:34:18)

#2 2014-12-08 15:04:30

kurtk8484

Re: Metric (WIP) by Pritchard

Looking good. You should release the map soon, for feedback on things you might be overlooking....looks like a fairly large layout!

#3 2014-12-08 15:37:28

ThaOneDon

Woah

Id play with this, looks nice.

#4 2014-12-09 00:04:06

Pritchard

I might release a beta soon, I would like to finish that untextured room first though.

Last edited by Pritchard (2014-12-09 00:04:16)

#5 2014-12-10 05:30:16

kurtk8484

Nice work!

#6 2014-12-10 18:27:00

ThaOneDon

Really REALLY like this map. Its one of the few that come close to maps that are included with the game.
Its more unique in some ways.

There just 2 things that could be better:

Corridors, could be made more simple, right now its difficult to memorize the map. (but don't lose the detail if you can, i really like object layout)

Slight lag (happens when u move really fast for 5-7 seconds, i'm not sure if its my pc or it could be because of the textures used or something else.

#7 2014-12-10 22:49:45

Pritchard

ThaOneDon wrote:

Corridors, could be made more simple, right now its difficult to memorize the map. (but don't lose the detail if you can, i really like object layout)

It can be difficult to change the layout at this stage unfortunately. Can you point out any problem areas? Pictures would be helpful.
I'm really glad you like the map, I am hoping that it will get into the next release.

#8 2014-12-11 00:09:07

ThaOneDon

Nah i just mostly meant to make it flow better thats all

#9 2014-12-11 01:09:59

Pritchard

Alright, well I'm not sure exactly what I can do about that without more information. If you do have any specific suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

#10 2014-12-11 16:04:21

ThaOneDon

I was thinking.... the map is like a science facility right? So if theres something that needs to be changed is that it should look more like a science facility, like rooms for experiments or containment facilities, you know what i'm saying?

#11 2014-12-12 00:20:13

Pritchard

It's sort of like a mining facility, actually. It's kind of hard to show because there aren't mapmodels for that sort of thing.

#12 2014-12-12 06:08:20

ThaOneDon

I see

Board footer