#1 2014-11-25 23:19:25

hunds

Zero Gravity

Is there any way to make a zero-g map in tesseract ???

#2 2014-11-26 08:23:26

RaZgRiZ

Re: Zero Gravity

Not really.

#3 2014-11-26 15:32:05

SniperGoth

It doesn't have at the moment.
Maybe it will be added later.after all, RE already has that.
So porting it wouldn't be too hard i think.

#4 2014-11-28 21:16:50

hunds

I was thinking... isn't easier to just copy the water material preset, and take out all tetures and distortions, and possibly increase or decrease some values. Then we would have a zero g material. Wouldn't that work???

#5 2014-11-29 03:01:43

RaZgRiZ

hunds wrote:

I was thinking... isn't easier to just copy the water material preset, and take out all tetures and distortions, and possibly increase or decrease some values. Then we would have a zero g material. Wouldn't that work???

Except you still sink xD

#6 2014-11-29 13:36:05

hunds

That's why i said "change some values"...

#7 2014-11-29 17:54:40

Calinou

In physics.cpp, you can find GRAVITY and JUMPVEL constants.

If these were made into map variables (variables that can be set per-map), then we could have maps with different gravity and jump height values.

#8 2014-11-30 20:24:46

BakedToast

RaZgRiZ wrote:
hunds wrote:

Except you still sink xD

It would be more like a "low gravity" material then. I have tried it before, it's possible to get rid of all the water fog, but you'll still be forced to move slowly because it's the water's friction that gives it the low-gravity behaviour. This means you cannot dodge bullets easily or manouvre very well. Also, it messes with bots, since they sometimes jump naturally on their own, they end up shooting way up into the sky as they jump repeatedly. And once up their, they have vertical dominance over everyone. Also, rag doll kills don't work either, because of the water friction. Bodies just sort of fall real slowly downwards till they come to rest on a surface. In other words, low gravity is still in a very primitive/useless stage right now.

Board footer