#1 2014-11-01 22:52:35

RaZgRiZ

Help us have better text fields.

Here's an impression of a better text/num/key field for the UI of Tesseract.

DOWN WITH SAUER'S REMNANTS!
FOR TOO LONG WE HAVE SUFFERED UNDER SAUERBRATEN'S HORRIBLE UIFIELD WHICH RELIED ON CHARACTERS AMOUNT TO DEFINE THEIR LENGTH. FOR TOO LONG WE HAVE SUFFERED UNDER ITS TERRIBLE CLIPPING OF CHARACTERS THAT WENT OUT OF BOUNDS! FOR TOO LONG HAVE WE BEEN PUT OFF WHEN FOCUS IS LOST WHEN THE MOUSE NO LONGER HOVERS OVER IT!
JOIN THE REVOLUTION FOR A BETTER TOMORROW WITH PROPER TEXT FIELDS THAT WOULD MAKE A MOTHER PROUD! JOIN THE FIGHT TO BRING CHANGE AND CLEANSE THE OLD WAYS LIKE SUGARLESS GUMMI BEARS CLEANSE YOUR ANAL CAVITY! BE THE VOICE THAT NEEDS TO BE HEARD BECAUSE THIS IS SERIOUSLY SOME REALLY AWFUL TEXT FIELD THAT MAKES BABIES CRY! YOU DON'T LIKE CRYING BABIES BECAUSE THEY'RE ANNOYING, SO JOIN ME MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

lagH6Bf.jpg

plox eihrul? :)

Last edited by RaZgRiZ (2014-11-01 23:04:02)

#2 2014-11-01 23:28:14

acerspyro

Re: Help us have better text fields.

100% agreed, definitely looking forward to it.

#3 2014-11-02 22:17:05

Hypernova^

Great idea, this would be a huge improvement for text imput through the gui.
Side question, how can I use characters besides the standard set in Cube 2 like you do?

#4 2014-11-02 23:15:09

zombie-apocalypse

I didn't understand everything but as soon as I read your call to mutiny i was all game!! xOOO
great job! xD

#5 2014-11-03 00:46:32

RaZgRiZ

Hypernova^ wrote:

Great idea, this would be a huge improvement for text imput through the gui.
Side question, how can I use characters besides the standard set in Cube 2 like you do?

You'll need to have that keyboard language installed in your OS. I can try typing in greek but they'll show up as question marks. If i'm correct, it's cyrillic characters. Some are used by the german language, but primarily it's for russian:
http://webdesign.about.com/od/localizat … des-ru.htm

Board footer