#1 2014-10-15 16:17:33

BakedToast

Mapping real life structures

I am partially through mapping a real life building for tesseract (the school I used to go to), and let me tell you it's harder than it looks.

Have any of you ever mapped real life structures in Tesseract before? What are your opinions on it? Do you think it makes for a good map even though it wasn't desogned for a game?

#2 2014-10-16 19:22:50

Calinou

Re: Mapping real life structures

It may look cool, but will probably be hardly playable. We never know though.

#3 2014-10-17 07:06:21

Pritchard

Good luck getting the scale right.

#4 2014-10-17 15:55:19

Gentry

Of course you cant be sure, but I think the gameplay wouldnt be that good. You could rebuild parts of the building(hallways, walls, door structures, etc.) and rearrange them to design a good map, both visually and in terms of gameplay. I would love to see the result of such an attempt.

#5 2014-10-17 16:32:20

spikeymikey0196

One thing i'd suggest is perhaps making it to your scale (so the players height is the same as yours) :3
and if you need to make a large selection a gridsize larger or smaller, press c on the selection, change gridsize to bigger or smaller sizes, then press v :3

#6 2014-10-17 19:22:34

BakedToast

Yeah, I'm going to start by making it as close as possible, then I'll modify it for advanced gameplay. I'll load it up as part of a map pack or something later.

#7 2014-12-03 07:25:40

tomjery

Pritchard : Yeah, it was intended to be dark at some places. I always like some dark spots but I can understand you don't. It's my first my map but I will consider your remarks. Thanks !

Our excellent online Brain Dumps.com training programs will lead you to success in the CLO-001 We also offer latest passguide and hsbc with 100% success guarantee. Our www.principiacollege.edu is rare in IT world University of New Haven and best of luck.

Last edited by tomjery (2014-12-16 05:17:30)

Board footer