#1 2017-03-27 05:33:10

Yagairudi

Creating a User-Generated MMO Game Platform with Social Features

Hello All,

So I had this idea for a while now, but I want to create a something similar to Roblox, but better. The idea has probably been attempted, but there wasn't anyone successfully executing the idea. Also I mention Roblox because I think the platform is great for those who want to create games and publish it on the site. Roblox provides an in house editor to create games to submit on the platform, but I think the Cube 2 Engine can streamline the process as well as make game development accessible and fun. For graphics, I like how the Cube 2 Engine can have great graphics on low end computers without having serious frame rate issues...Roblox on the other hand has low poly graphics, yet the frame rate bugs out at times.

Now I understand that MMOs take a lot of resources to create, but I'm looking at different things such as relying on a third party to host the game's servers or I get a team to attempt setting up our own servers. I'm looking more on hyping up the idea and getting some promotional art and pitch videos made. I'm looking for opensource software to integrate together with this engine. The Cube 2 engine is already made and enhanced, but I think a great way to approach and execute this idea is to elaborate on the concept and show some things that is already ready to be implemented.

I'm pretty serious in executing this idea that I'm willing to invest money in making this MMO come to life.

So the team members I'm seeking are:

===Designers===

* systems designers - they will be responsible for designing/documenting systems and features in the game

* level designers - they will be responsible for creating amazing game levels

===Developers===

* modders - they will be responsible for setting up the custom models, textures, effects, materials, sounds, etc. in the game

* developers - they will be responsible for integrating opensource platforms to work with this engine

===Artists===

* concept artists - they will be responsible for creating concept pieces of how the game world is like as well as sketch up how gameplay will look like

* 3D artists - these are people who can create characters and props in 3D and they will be responsible for creating default assets to be implemented in the game

===Management===

* project managers - they will be responsible for setting up development planning and keeping the team accountable

So here's what I can contribute. My background is in art, I can draw and do a little bit of 3D modeling. Though I've been transitioning more into a business role and I'm willing to invest money to get things done. Any roles I haven't mentioned, I'll find those who will get the job done and compensate them for their work (just as long as I can afford it).

So with all this said, I can invest money to a point where I can see what the market thinks of the idea. I have a gut feeling that this idea will be well receptive, but it's all about presenting it in a way where the idea is already developed and needs more funds to keep maintaining this MMO. I plan on raising funds and keep implementing marketing strategies.

Also I plan on making this project a commercial project. I want to implement a free-to-play model, with a marketplace to sell in-game items, a platform to submit game ideas and WIPs while the market decides if the game should be featured in the MMO game platform (this is through crowdfunding), and probably other methods to generate income (non-obtrusive ads, developer licenses, etc.)

If anyone is interested in getting a team together to execute this plan, feel free to send me a PM or email me. Like I said, I'm willing to invest money to execute this idea if I have to.

:)

Last edited by Yagairudi (2017-03-28 06:23:10)

#2 2017-03-28 17:35:36

chasester

Re: Creating a User-Generated MMO Game Platform with Social Features

email me @chasester123@gmail.com

I think our interests are generally aligned and I have a few people that are/can help work in this direction.

#3 2017-03-30 05:25:34

Yagairudi

Re: Creating a User-Generated MMO Game Platform with Social Features

Sweet, I just sent you an email. I'm looking forward to collaborate with you. :)

Board footer