#1 2016-08-07 14:44:16

bobsimov

Loading quake 3 BSP

How can i import a Quake 3 map ? In other words , is there a way to convert BSP or any other format to .ogz ? I remember finding a plugin for blender that converts models into prefabs but that doesn't allow for whole maps to be used (gigantic prefabs cause crashes)

Thanks in advance !

Last edited by bobsimov (2016-08-08 11:57:14)

#2 2016-08-10 17:45:45

chasester

Re: Loading quake 3 BSP

you could splice it into smaller pieces. And large prefabs dont crash nessarly. I think its a processor thing, Im not sure how it works exactly but I think its similar to avi files not working right on slower machines. It screws things up if you over load the processor. But If you really dont wanna have to go in and redesign it in cube. I would just break the map in to say 32x32 squares, then export each one and then import them back in as prefabs. You should be able to easily splice along the plains in blender so it should be fairly easy to do. But may be very time consuming.

Good Luck tho
chasester

#3 2016-08-10 17:54:21

bobsimov

Re: Loading quake 3 BSP

thanks for the reply , i managed to find an exporter (bsp to obj) then used blender to divide the mesh into volumes (there is a plugin for that) and imported the map :) thanks for the tip anyway !

Board footer