#1 2016-03-05 03:38:11

Hypernova^

Blurry visuals at distance

Hi all,

I noticed in Tesseract, geometry, textures and models far away from the camera look very smeared and/or pixelated. On the other hand, if you duck and zoom in on the floor texture, it looks awesome. I'm guessing this has something to do with my configuration. Does anyone know how I can sharpen the long distance view? Thanks!

#2 2016-03-05 03:46:50

Hypernova^

Re: Blurry visuals at distance

I found disabling AA actually helps. The distance view still looks rather pixelated.

#3 2016-03-05 04:15:57

eihrul
Administrator

Change the screen resolution.

#4 2016-03-05 15:27:21

Hypernova^

Thanks :) I guess forgot to properly set it up at the beginning lol

#5 2016-03-06 02:06:28

chasester

lol you do realize that zoom is basically recalculating the camera in a more focused view. SO zooming is equivalent to moving the camera in a rendering sense (at least when it comes to quality.

Something that should also be noted, lowering your resolution from native monitor resolution to something less than that (keeping the same aspect ratio), can help speed up performance immensely. So if you are scoring lower fps consider doing this rather than turning off settings like global illumination or AA. Keep in mind that you are rendering a smaller picture and then blowing it up so pixelization will happen, but for the most part this will look better and may give you better performance.

chasester

Board footer